Event terms and conditions
ICAEW's terms and conditions for events are set out in full below. Terms and conditions of local group and society events may differ to those mentioned here. Please refer to your booking conditions for details.
Attending the event
It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to change the content and timing of the programme, the speakers, the date or the venue at any time prior to the event date.
Course papers/delegate pack
In most cases, electronic course papers will be circulated with joining instructions prior to the course. This documentation is made available only to those attending the event. Course papers and delegate packs are provided for the sole use of the delegate and may not be reproduced whether in whole or part, shared or distributed by any method whatsoever without prior permission of the copyright owner. External speakers alone are responsible for the content of their respective sessions.
It is the policy of ICAEW to give the fullest freedom to contributors/speakers to express their opinions. The opinions expressed by the speakers do not necessarily represent the views of ICAEW. ICAEW speakers will make every effort to ensure the validity and accuracy of the information they provide. If your booking is received less than seven days before the event, you may not get a copy of the course papers/delegate pack on the day.
When attending face-to-face training, ICAEW accepts no liability if a delegate is unable to attend an event due to adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption.
ICAEW makes every effort to negotiate free parking for delegates at venues outside of London. However, we reserve the right to use venues which may incur a car parking charge.
Filming and sound recording
ICAEW reserves the right to film, record or photograph any of the speakers at an event for post event purposes. Delegates are advised that this may result in incidental inclusion of delegates within any recording or photographs.
After the event
At the close of your training a feedback link will be posted in the comments box. We ask that you please take a few minutes to complete this as it allows ICAEW to continue to improve and tailor future training and events more closely to your requirements.
Booking and cancellations
Booking and queries
Please book online at www.icaew.com/events
If you have any problems or queries with your booking, please contact us.
Only the account holder can make amendments to a group booking.
Bookings are ‘subject to availability’ and therefore we cannot guarantee you a place on any event.
Booking confirmation will be sent to you immediately for all on-line bookings. If you have not received an email confirmation within 24 hours of making the on-line booking, please contact us.
Payment terms and discounts
Payment must be made at the time of booking unless specifically stated.
Credit/debit card payment can be made over the phone or via the website.
Requests for invoices can only be processed with a valid purchase order and are subject to prior approval.
Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or discounted rates. At the point of booking the discount offered applies to the person attending the course. Substitutes are welcome however, if they are not entitled to the discount, the appropriate additional charge will be incurred.
If you cannot attend an event, you can transfer your place to another individual. Places can be transferred at any time up to and including the day of the event. Please note an additional charge may be applicable if the new attendee is not entitled to the same rate.
Should the new attendee need to make any amendments to the booking, we will require the original attendant to confirm the changes.
A delegate place can be transferred to another event, if the request to us is received more than 21 days before the event. Please note, a 20% admin fee will be applicable if the delegate wishes to transfer to a different date within 21 days of the course date on which they are booked.
If ICAEW have to cancel the event, our liability in the event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the event fee only. We will not refund the following;
- any travel or hotel costs associated with the cancellation of an event
- any fees relating to the joining of a Faculty or Community with respect to the event booking.
We must be made aware of any cancellations, to notify us of a cancellation please contact us. Only the account holder can request a cancellation on a group booking.The charge for cancelling your booking is:
- 14 days or more before the event - 20% discretionary administration fee applicable
- Less than 14 days before the event - No refund (transfer to another individual only)
ICAEW accepts no liability if an event is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond our reasonable control resulting from an act of God, governmental regulation, fire, war, terrorist activity or civil commotion.
Non-attendance at Free of Charge Events
If you do not attend or cancel your booking within three days of a Free of Charge event a discretionary administration fee of £20 may be charged.
- The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- We will use your personal data to deliver your event services (webinars, conferences, training and dinners) incorporating; administration (pre, post and during the event), communications, invoicing & payment, delegate lists (we are unable to remove you from delegate lists once these have gone to print), post-event feedback, quality, research and voting.
- In order to meet our event obligations to you we may share relevant personal data with presenters, venues, trainers, organisers, print houses, finance partners, connected communities, faculties, committees, district societies and external delivery partners.
- For more information about our data protection policy please go to icaew.com/dataprotection
Unauthorised Access to ICAEW’s online events
- Participants who register for our online events through the Event Booking Form or otherwise, which grants access to our Online Events and any other online content, shall be given a unique link and unique passcode for entry and access to the Online Event.
- Each link and passcode is unique to that particular individual who has registered with their own email address and details.
- Participants shall be fully responsible for any access to any Online Event, Online Event Platform and/or any use of any Content by them or anyone else and should take all steps to prevent any unauthorised access or use of their user name, email address, link or passcode. If you believe there has been any breach of security (such as disclosure, or unauthorised use of any email address, user name, passcode or link, as specified in clause 1 and clause 2), you must notify ICAEW immediately in writing by email.
- Except to the extent that that unique link and passcode for entry and access to the Online vents, is expressly intended for another individual or more than one individual as confirmed by us in writing, Participants are not permitted, under any circumstance to:
(a) Share the unique link and passcode details with any other person (s);
(b) To make their email address, user- names, link and passcode available to multiple users for the purpose of allowing any other person (s) to attend or access or share the Online Event, and Content on your behalf.
- Any unauthorised access to ICAEW’s Online Events, Content and Online Event Platform which are hosted by ICAEW through any Online Event Platform, is strictly forbidden and will be deemed a breach of these terms of booking.
- Where there is evidence of breach of this clause, ICAEW in its sole discretion, may:
(a) Remove you or any un-authorised person using your unique link and passcode from the Online Event, without reimbursing or refunding you of your booking or any other fees that were paid by you to ICAEW.
(b) Charge you additional booking fees and any other fees or charges or costs it considers appropriate.
(c) Any other remedy it considers appropriate in the circumstance.
Authorized Access to ICAEW’s online events
ICAEW’s Live Webinar Rules.
- Thank you for Booking this Event. Please note, this live webinar will be held on Zoom and will require you to complete a registration.
- Participants who register for our live webinar, shall be given a unique link and unique passcode for entry and access to the webinar.
- Each link and passcode is unique to that particular individual who has registered with their email address and details.
- Please use the following link to register your attendance and access the Webinar: XXXX
- You can register in advance of the webinar or just before the webinar begins.
- When registering, please use the email address which you used to make the booking. If you are an ICAEW member, please ensure you also have your member number readily available.
- If you are unable to attend the webinar, you have the choice of either requesting a copy of the recording or nominating another individual to attend the webinar as your replacement. Any unauthorised access to the live webinar is strictly forbidden and will be deemed a breach of ICAEW’s terms of booking. Please access our terms of booking for further information.
- Where you are unable to attend, but wish to receive a copy of the recording and obtain the CPD points, please contact us to request your copy of the recording.
- Where you nominate another individual to attend the webinar as your replacement, please ensure that you contact us to request authorisation for your replacement to obtain permission and access to the live webinar. We will then update the correct delegate details for CPD record purposes.
- Except to the extent that that unique link and passcode for entry and access to the webinar, is expressly intended for another individual or more than one individual as confirmed by us in writing, Participants are not permitted, under any circumstance to:
(a) Share the unique link and passcode details with any other person (s);
(b) To make their email address, user- names, link and passcode available to multiple users for the purpose of allowing any other person (s) to attend or access or share the live webinar, on your behalf.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any un-authorised access to the Webinar.