DChA - benefits to employers
The DChA is awarded by ICAEW to those who can demonstrate a high level of competence in charity accounting and financial management.
As charities and social enterprises take on broader roles, competition for funds has increased. Both regulatory and public pressure on charities has grown, along with a need to demonstrate accountability and transparency in how you spend your funds.
The current climate dictates that impeccable standards of integrity and accountability are applied and every penny is managed effectively. Charities and the not-for-profit sector, will come under increasing pressure to demonstrate this, particularly in relation to public sector funding.
In response to these challenges, the DChA will enable your employees to inspire confidence and demonstrate that they have the skills and knowledge to be able to make a real difference to your organisation.
Recognition at the highest level
There are two options available for your employees to obtain the DChA, depending on their experience, the stage of their career and their preferred learning style.
“The Diploma in Charity Accounting is a wonderful achievement and a great endorsement. Since I received the award, I have included the DChA designation on my business card, and always mention it when speaking to charity clients and contacts. I also present seminars to charity officers and trustees and I think it adds to my credibility to be able to say I have it.”
Hilary Julian DChA, FCA, Director, Carpenter Box LLP
Option one - experience route
Three years' experience minimum
If your employees have the experience, they can gain recognition for their charity accounting and financial management expertise via an Examination of Experience.
Option two - study route
Graduates or 1- 3 years' experience
A classroom-based postgraduate diploma course that will develop the skills of your employees in charity accounting and financial management.
Your commitment to your employees and the charity sector
- Flexible study options available for your employees to obtain the DChA, whether they have the experience to complete the experience route or are looking to develop their career via the study route.
- DChA acknowledges the expertise of your employees in charity accounting and financial management at the highest level.
- Your employees will have the right to use the designatory letters, DChA – a benchmark of success, which adds credibility when promoting your services and teams.
- Your employees will receive up to 12 months free subscription to the ICAEW Charity and Voluntary Sector Group (for new subscribers only). This will give them access to a range of information, support and networking opportunities within the charity and voluntary sector.
- All award holders will have the opportunity to appear on a searchable, online register where their name, contact details and your website address can be included.