Why offer an apprenticeship?
For over 130 years, generations of chartered accountants and business professionals have undertaken ICAEW finance and accountancy training and come away with the skills and values they need to make a great contribution to their organisation. There is now a great opportunity to provide ACA training within your business as part of a government-funded apprenticeship. Choosing an apprenticeship with ICAEW is a fantastic way to grow your business and train new staff or existing employees.
How apprentices can benefit your business?
- A great opportunity for you to attract and invest in talent – and make the most of your levy funding
- Graduates, non-graduates and existing employees are all eligible
- 89% of employers believe that apprentices make their businesses more productive.
- 88% of employers believe apprenticeships have led to a more motivated and loyal workforce.
- 75% of employers say that apprenticeship schemes have helped them to cut their recruitment costs
- 82% of employers take on apprentices to build on the skills capacity within their business.
Six reasons to offer accounting apprenticeships with ICAEW
- Apprenticeships are designed specifically to meet your business needs.
- Opportunity for you to attract and invest in talent – while making the most of the apprenticeship levy money and funding.
- Widens access to the accountancy profession – providing you with a more diverse workforce.
- Develops the finance skills your business will need today and in the future.
- Enables your staff to gain a professional qualification and work towards chartered accountancy status.
- High-quality training and industry-leading pass rates. Our 2019 Level 7 cohort of apprentices had a pass rate of 100% for the Project Report.
Apprenticeship support from ICAEW
We are here to support you and your students every step of the way. Here are just some of the ways in which we can help you to get your apprenticeship programme off to a great start:
- access to a dedicated regional Business Development Manager, who will be on hand to support you and your students throughout the apprenticeship journey;
- access to talented young school and college leavers through our national business and accounting competition, BASE;
- advertise your apprenticeship opportunities for free on our Training Vacancies website;
- benefit from the regular job alerts we email or post on Facebook and Twitter to our 36,000 followers;
- attend local career events with us; and
- receive a monthly copy of our Available Student Register, featuring a list of students who have completed their Level 3 qualification and are looking for a vacancy.
Guidance from the government
The ESFA have developed a number of free resources and to support you with your recruitment. Access a variety of useful tools, including a guide to interviewing and assessing potential apprentices.