ICAEW CFAB – how it can help
The ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (ICAEW CFAB) has six modules which can be started at any time of year and can be studied on its own or gained alongside a college course, degree course or work commitments.
CFAB student survey
97% of students would recommend it to othersSource: 151 self-study students. November 2014 student survey.
Practical skills and knowledge
Having a good understanding of business, finance and accounting is highly valued in almost any role in any organisation around the world. The ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (ICAEW CFAB) teaches practical skills and knowledge including:
- understanding of the key elements of finance, accounting and business,
- understanding of the wider business issues,
- helping individuals talk the language of finance,
- appreciating the main factors linked to business success or failure,
- understanding of the key decisions that businesses and management teams have to make on a day-to-day basis,
- how to monitor business risk and evaluate business performance, and
- providing the skills to help individuals write a business plan, prepare their own personal tax statements and manage their finances more confidently.
Students – how it can help you
- Gain new skills: You’ll gain business-essential skills that are highly valued by employers in almost every role in every organisation.
- Boost your CV: Can help you get a job, a promotion or can open up new career doors for you.
- Route to chartered accountancy: Can serve as an entry route to chartered accountancy or as a stand-alone qualification.
- Helps your job applications: Helps to show employers you are serious about your career choice and that you are dedicated, self-motivated and ambitious – all great qualities to be able to demonstrate to any employer.
- Certificates: You gain a certificate for every module you sit and pass – to help you evidence your new skills.
- Credibility: It is an internationally recognised certificate qualification from ICAEW – a world leader in the accountancy and finance profession.
- Convenience: You can study in your own time and take as long as you like to complete it – it’s 100% up to you!
- Skills compliment: You can study ICAEW CFAB alongside your degree, alongside your AAT or as you progress through other qualifications.
Employers – why choose ICAEW CFAB for your staff
- Route to chartered accountancy: Can serve as an entry route to chartered accountancy or stand-alone qualification.
- Shared knowledge: To enable teams to have a common level of understanding in business, finance and accounting.
- Finance for non-finance staff: Helps non-finance team understand budgets, controlling costs, how to measure performance and how a business really works.
- Credibility with clients and colleagues: Can help your staff deliver more pertinent advice to colleagues or clients.
- Support to finance teams: Where employees work in roles that support professional service firms, banks or financial services, it can help them understand the essentials and help them support other teams more effectively.
Parents – how it can help your child
- Business-essential skills: It helps to show prospective employers that your child has many of the job-essential skills that employers are increasingly looking for across all roles and all organisations.
- Route to chartered accountancy: Can serve as an entry route to a highly respected, stable and rewarding career in chartered accountancy.
- Within a Higher Apprenticeship: Is a core element of our Higher Apprenticeships, enabling you child to be employed, gain business-essential skills and work towards a nationally-recognised qualification.
- A boost for job applications: Having an understanding of how a business really works can help give your child an advantage in the competitive business world. It can also help them to get into the workplace ahead of their peers.
- Focus and determination: Helps to show employers your child is serious about a career in any area of business or finance and that they are dedicated, self-motivated and ambitious – all great qualities to be able to demonstrate to any employer.
- Many career options: It can open up new and sustainable career paths for your child thanks to the range of skills and knowledge that are taught at ICAEW CFAB.
- Confidence: If you hope your child will eventually take over the family business, it can help give you the confidence that your child understands some of the key elements of how a business really works.
- Evidence of more skills: ICAEW CFAB can be studied alongside work commitments, other qualifications or alongside college/university courses. This can help your child to gain an extra qualification alongside their current work or academic schedule. This could help your child get ahead in the job market.
- Credibility: It is an internationally recognised certificate-level qualification from ICAEW – a world leader in the accountancy and finance profession.