Legal Alert - October 2016
A monthly checklist from Atom Content Marketing highlighting new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and rulings that could have an impact on your business.
- New law: National Minimum Wage rates announced for October
- New guidance: Acas publishes new guides for small businesses
- Case law: Employer who did not provide information requested by employee under data protection law in disciplinary proceedings acted unfairly
- Case law: Inaccurate company details in contract led to avoidable dispute
- Case law: Protecting pay of disabled employee whose role reduces may be 'reasonable adjustment' – which may amount to variations of contract requiring employee's consent
- New law: Government defers abolition of corporate directors
- Case law: Failure to anticipate potential changes in circumstances can adversely affects party's contractual rights
- Case law: No contract because tenant did not clearly accept landlord's offer
- Case law: Court implies contract requiring group companies to reimburse pension costs of staff employed centrally by group 'service' company
- New law: Business rates may go up for organisations occupying more than one space in the same building or estate
- Case law: Superior landlords must consult with both immediate tenants and sub-tenants before carrying out major works
- Case law: Requirement for residential landlords to consult before charging tenants for major work does not apply to charges 'on account'
- Case law: Court clarifies when warranties are not also representations on sale of shares
Disclaimer: These articles from Atom Content Marketing are for general guidance only, for businesses in the United Kingdom governed by the laws of England. Atom Content Marketing, expert contributors and ICAEW (as distributor) disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions.