The proposed, new search service will be the first of a number of new services to be introduced under the IPO’s ‘One IPO Transformation Programme’. The blog explains the features of the service and includes a video demonstration.
Key features for users will include:
- the ability to search existing patents, trade marks and designs all on one website, save and/or download the search results and register for a monitoring service to monitor specific IP rights;
- the ability to search using several different criteria such as owner, registration date and status, and by industry or technology using a key word search facility;
- search results that contain new information such as abstracts for patents in Great Britain, full European Patent Office text data, and the ability to save and/or download a journal of the information they want.
The IPO plans to pilot the patent search service in June 2023, and launch in autumn 2023, with trade marks and designs added in 2025.
- View the blog, including the video demonstration, on the GOV.UK website
- Consider how you will use the new service to operate more efficiently and cheaply and, if you are an adviser, the implications for your services, targeting, processes, staff training, promotion, pricing and budgeting.
This article from Atom Content Marketing is for general guidance only, for businesses in the United Kingdom governed by the laws of England. Atom Content Marketing, expert contributors and ICAEW (as distributor) disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions.
Copyright © Atom Content Marketing
ICAEW Business Advice Service
Grow your business with trusted business advice. We connect entrepreneurs, start-ups, and SMEs with ICAEW regulated accountancy firms who will provide a free initial consultation without obligation.
About Legal Alert
Legal Alert is a monthly checklist from Atom Content Marketing highlighting new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and rulings that could have an impact on your business.