Use your expertise – Become a volunteer
Whether you want to support and contribute to local schools in your area, think it is important for young people to know about managing money, or simply like to volunteer to share your knowledge and expertise, then becoming a volunteer is a great way to give something back and add real value to your local community.
What could I get involved in?
You can give up as much time as you like. Getting involved means you can help widen the diversity of students entering the profession and encouraging young people from all backgrounds to consider a career as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant.
Some of the activity that you can get involved in include:
- helping students to get the most out of interactive sessions by mentoring small groups, giving feedback and explaining accountancy jargon;
- supporting the teaching of financial education through our ICAEW Personal Finance initiative;
- talking to students about ICAEW, the ACA qualification and your career at panel presentations, and networking events;
- exhibiting at careers fairs to promote the ACA qualification and any ACA training opportunities you or your employer have; and
- mentor a local school in our National Business and Accounting competition, BASE.