ICAEW MEASA office
The ICAEW MEASA regional office opened in 2009 and is based in DIFC, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. In July 2014, its operations expanded to include Africa and South Asia.
The key focus of the office is to support ICAEW’s wider international strategy – to ensure the highest standards within the accountancy and finance profession and to raise the profile of the profession.
Activities range from overseeing the ICAEW Emiratisation Scholarship Scheme to attract Emiratis into the profession, to launching ICAEW’s flagship economic report in Africa, Economic Insight: Africa, which is the latest in a report series covering the Middle East to supporting the efforts of authorized training employers and partners in learning across the region.
The ICAEW regional team provides support to over 3,900 members and students, and works closely to support regional governments, regulators and other stakeholders.
The ICAEW MEASA team is composed of 10 members who are:
- Michael Armstrong FCA, Regional Director, Middle East, Africa and South Asia
- Vanessa Heywood ACA, Business Development Manager, Middle East Africa and South Asia
- Daniel Westley - Senior International Business Development Manager
- Adam Seymour, Senior International Business Development Manager
- Reem Garabedian, Regional Marketing Manager, Middle East, Africa and South Asia
- Gwenan Booth, Regional Executive, Middle East, Africa and South Asia
- Samantha Starbuck, Regional Business Development Executive, Middle East, Africa and South Asia
- Dunja Dulcic, Regional Student Recruitment Executive, Middle East, Africa and South Asia
- Firdous Sait, Regional Student and Member Support Executive, Middle East, Africa and South Asia
- Sophie Hayes, Business Development and Marketing Executive