As we are planning our January 2024 flagship Charity Conference, our aim is not only to equip you with the knowledge (and verifiable CPD hours) to help you succeed in your professional and voluntary charity roles, but also to help you future-proof your charity. How can your charity, regardless of size, take the next right steps towards your mission? How can you use technology and data insights to create more impact with limited resources? How can you navigate typical ethical dilemmas and make decisions that align with your charity’s values?
The ICAEW Charity Conference 2024 is designed to equip charity finance professionals and volunteers with the CPD that helps you plan and prepare your charity (or charity clients) for the short and long-term challenges.
Alongside the annual Accounting, Tax and VAT updates for charities, the Conference will also outline recent changes to charity investment guidance by the Charity Commission (CC14) and how the ‘Butler-Sloss case’ has impacted the decision-making powers of charity trustees.
The Conference also includes sessions about data strategies, operational research, artificial intelligence with a real-life case study from the Trussell Trust, and pro bono support from experts. Moreover, thought-provoking keynotes will inspire you to imagine how the charity sector can transform to meet the challenges of tomorrow and to re-think your charity’s role in the wider sector.
Conference highlights include:
- CPD updates: vital technical updates on charity accounting, taxation and governance from expert speakers that are perfect to put towards your CPD declaration.
- Bringing charity to life – ethics in practice: how does your charity live its values? Thinking about some typical ethical dilemmas, this session will explore how you can guide decision-making.
- Charity investments: learn about the recent updates to CC14 and hear how the Butler-Sloss High Court judgement has clarified trustee responsibilities when making investment decisions.
- Resilience in uncertain times: drawing on CAF’s research, find out how operational adaptions have helped charities remain financially resilient, plan effectively and fundraise successfully.
- The Future of Charity: explore what the future of charity could look like in 2044 and how we need to come together now, as a sector, to build the foundations for a more collaborative, agile and effective future for social good.
- Data-driven transformation: learn from our panel of expert speakers how charities can improve their use of data, operational research and AI to enhance their impact measurement, reporting and operational effectiveness.
- Demystifying AI for charities: hear how The Trussell Trust is evolving its digital strategy and use of AI, from practical first steps through to blue sky thinking.
We hope you can join us live on 18 and 19 January 2024 at the virtual Charity Conference.