UK VAT implications of Brexit
Our guide is intended to help you understand how Brexit might impact on the UK’s existing VAT rules.
So far a lot of the Brexit related guidance focused on a "no deal" outcome. In the event that the UK leaves the EU without reaching any agreement the UK Government has indicated that there will be a number of changes to the VAT rules. These proposed changes are summarised below.
The guide covers:
- The current VAT rules
- VAT rules if there is a no deal Brexit
- Importing goods from the EU
- Exporting goods to the EU
- Supplying services to the EU
- UK VAT Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS)
- EU VAT refund system
- EU VAT Registration Number Validation service
This guide is one in a series of guidance ICAEW has published to help you to prepare for Brexit. Further guidance can be found in our Brexit hub.