Into the witness box: Get your expert witness engagement letters and reports into shape
Accountants are increasingly acting as expert witnesses. This trend has resulted in the ICAEW Library & Information Service receiving an increase in requests for sample engagement letters and model reports, as well as more general materials on the subject.
In response we have reviewed our resources on this topic and can now offer members free loan copies of:
- Model form of expert's report
- Model terms of engagement for the employment of experts: as a single joint expert in a dispute before a court
- Model terms of engagement for the employment of experts: as an adviser in a dispute prior to, during or subsequent to court proceedings.
- Model terms of engagement for the employment of experts: on behalf of a party involved in a dispute before a court
To borrow these items please contact the Library & Information Service. You will need to provide the title of the item you need, your ICAEW membership number and your preferred postal address.
The above documents are all written by the Academy of Experts, which the Forensic & Expert Witness Community is partnering with.
The Academy has also produced a Model form of expert CV, freely available from their website.
Other books which you can borrow from ICAEW include:
- Expert determination (Sweet & Maxwell, 2017)
- Expert evidence: law and practice (Sweet & Maxwell, 2015)
- Forensic accounting and finance: principles and practice (Kogan Page, 2017)
The Forensic & Expert Witness Community has its own eLibrary where you can find helpsheets on litigation support, financial crime and forensic accounting. We have also compiled a selection of legal cases relevant to expert witnesses, with links to the original judgments.
Can't find what you are looking for?
If you're having trouble finding the information you need, ask the Library & Information Service. Contact us by email at email@example.com or through webchat.
ICAEW accepts no responsibility for the content on any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. The links are provided ‘as is’ with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them. Please see the full copyright and disclaimer notice.