Developing your business partnering skills
As digital technologies transform the role of finance, accountants and finance leaders need to become effective business partners. ICAEW offers a range of training courses that will help you to develop the skills necessary to influence businesses and deliver strategy in a changing environment.
Developing business partnering skills is the most effective way for finance professionals to lead change and add value to the business. ICAEW has designed these courses to provide you with the skills you need to influence your business more significantly, frequently and consistently.
Training for mid-level finance professionals
Finance business partnering
Gain a practical understanding of the skills required to be a great business partner and how to apply them. The course covers:
- What is world-class finance business partnering.
- How to build strong relationships, overcome resistance and handle conflict.
- How to translate data into commercial insight.
- Use sales techniques to influence decisions.
Technician to influencer
This course provides practical influencing tools and techniques that will enable you to better understand your stakeholders. The course covers:
Know how to build strong and productive commercial relationships.
Understand different social and communication styles and how to adapt your approach to suit each stakeholder and situation.
Be able to handle difficult conversations with more confidence, including with your manager.
How to use different influencing styles.
Training for managers, directors and CFOs
Advanced finance business partnering
Become the ‘go to’ trusted adviser on business critical challenges, through the very latest thinking in the science and art of influence. The course covers:
- Hidden meaning in conversations.
- How advanced language patterns can overcome resistance.
- Solving problems with breakthrough thinking.
- How perceptual positions give new perspectives.
Develop a world-class business partnering function
Learn how to can stop your team being engrossed in the details and become a world-class business partnering team. The course covers:
- What world-class finance business partnering looks like and how to communicate it.
- How to structure your team and their priorities to free up time to partner.
- The critical skills and capabilities to recruit for or develop internally.
- How to embed the change with your team using a coaching approach.
Further support on skills that will boost your ability to become an effective finance business partner.