ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

Continue reading

Management liability insurance for UK volunteering activities

All Volunteering Community members have management liability insurance for UK volunteering activities included as part of their membership fee.

The insurance covers all activities performed with UK charities or not-for-profit organisations. This includes trustee work and the provision of pro bono professional services. In addition, an attractive feature of the policy is that it also extends to cover non-financial activities undertaken on a volunteering basis, for example volunteer gardening or volunteering with sports clubs.

The inclusion of the cover now clarifies the position for members who provide pro bono independent examinations and trustee functions on charity boards whilst acting solely in their personal capacity. Members who charge for such services will still need to obtain a practising certificate and will not be covered for their paid work under this policy.