Library services for members of the GAA Institutes based in the UK
Members of GAA Institutes based in the UK can use the book loan and document supply services from the ICAEW Library & Information Service.
The GAA institutes are:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (CPA Canada)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer in Deutschland e.V. (IDW)
- Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (JICPA)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
To use the Library services, members of GAA Institutes must be based in the UK and provide proof of identity and current membership of their Institute (for example, their membership card).
Visit the ICAEW Library
Members of GAA Institutes are welcome to visit the ICAEW library and make use of the resources on site. Note that due to licensing arrangements some electronic materials have restricted access and will not be available.
Please bring proof of your current membership of a GAA Institute when you visit.
We hold a collection of over 45,000 books. Subjects covered include accountancy, auditing, law, taxation, finance and management. The majority of titles are available for loan. Use our library catalogue at icaew.com/libcat to search our collection.
We have an extensive collection of accounting, business and finance journals from across the world which includes the magazines of the Global Accounting Alliance and other international accountancy bodies.
Find details about our holdings of particular GAA titles on our online catalogue:
Members of GAA Institutes may borrow books on the same basis as ICAEW members. Members agree to look after books, return or renew them on time and pay for any loss or damage. Please note, we can only send books by post to UK addresses.
- Borrow up to four books for an initial period of three weeks, renewable up to four times for three weeks each time, unless requested by another user.
- Visit the LIS in person, arrange a courier (at your expense) or request books to be posted to you. The cost of returning books to the library is the responsibility of the borrower.
- If a particular item is not available it can be reserved for you.
You may contact the LIS Enquiry Desk to request copies of specific documents – please see our pages on LIS charges and document supply for more information. You can find books and articles by searching the library catalogue at icaew.com/libcat.