What activities count as CPD?
You don’t necessarily need to attend training courses to maintain CPD compliance. Activity should be relevant and proportionate to your role(s). We recognise that people learn in different ways, through several different channels.
Find out more about the ICAEW’s reflect, act, impact and declare approach:
These are the popular ways members stay up to date:
- Arrange an informal training session with a colleague
- Read the ICAEW email alert – it contains updates and news relevant to your role
- Attend a workshop, conference, seminar or webinar
- Access technical helpsheets, ethical guidance and practice resources by topic from ICAEW's Technical Advisory Service.
- Contact our Technical and ethics advisory helpline
- Access a range of online technical resources
- Join an ICAEW Faculty or ICAEW Community to access exclusive, sector-specific technical content and events.
- Read a book or journal, such as a community newsletter, faculty publication or access our range of free e-books
- Access ICAEW library and information services which support chartered accountants in all aspects of their work