What is CPD?
As a member, you are required to maintain and develop your skills throughout your career. You must confirm that you are doing so by making a CPD declaration every year.
What activities count as CPD?
Find out more about the ICAEW’s reflect, act, impact and declare approach:
These are the popular ways members stay up to date:
- Arrange an informal training session with a colleague
- Read the ICAEW email alert – it contains updates and news relevant to your role
- Attend a workshop, conference, seminar or webinar
- Access technical helpsheets, ethical guidance and practice resources by topic from ICAEW's Technical Advisory Service.
- Contact our Technical and ethics advisory helpline
- Access a range of online technical resources
- Join an ICAEW Faculty or ICAEW Community to access exclusive, sector-specific technical content and events.
- Read a book or journal, such as a community newsletter, faculty publication or access our range of free e-books
- Participate in the ICAEW community forums
- Access ICAEW library and information services which support chartered accountants in all aspects of their work