ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

Preparing an audit report for English and Scottish registered providers of social housing/registered social landlords - registered under The Companies Act 2006

This guide was last updated in June 2018 and is based on the relevant laws and regulations that apply as at 1 June 2018.

Download this guide

Access a PDF version of this guide to print or save.

View more
This guide is designed to explain the main changes that are needed to the audit report of a company that is an English Registered Provider of Social Housing (RP) or Scottish Registered Social Landlord (RSL) that does not prepare group financial statements, compared to that of a company. It does not seek to explain every difference, just the key areas to consider as a result of the differing legal and regulatory requirements.

Terms and conditions

© ICAEW 2021  All rights reserved.

ICAEW cannot accept responsibility for any person acting or refraining to act as a result of any material contained in this helpsheet. This helpsheet is designed to alert you to an important issue of general application. It is not intended to be a definitive statement covering all aspects but is a brief comment on a specific point.

You have permission to use and reproduce this helpsheet on the following conditions:

The helpsheet is to be reproduced for personal, non-commercial use only and is not for re-distribution.