ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

CPA Australia members - join ICAEW

As a member of the Certified Practicing Accountants Australia (CPA Australia), you may be able to join ICAEW through the ACA study route. You can also apply for a practising certificate and gain audit rights in the UK with our Audit Qualification.

ACA training

If you want to join ICAEW, you’ll need to complete formal ACA training. Find out about ACA training and see if you are eligible for any credits for prior learning.

Practising certificate

If you intend to practise in the UK or EC you must apply for a practising certificate. You may only practice as an ICAEW member if you have been a member of CPA Australia for at least two years.

Audit rights

ICAEW membership does not automatically grant you audit rights in the UK, so if you intend to work in audit during your career, then we recommend that you apply for the Audit Qualification (AQ) when joining us.