This month, we share our response to the recent announcement from the UK government on regulating insolvency firms. Also included are articles explaining what recent changes to the duty to report misconduct mean in practice, what impact changes in the IVA sector will have on IPs, an open letter from the Financial Reporting Council asking for input to their surveys from those working in audit, and what good looks like for AML firm-wide risk assessments. To round things up, our webinar on CPD for firms took place 27 September. The recording and slides will be available soon.
Identify regulatory communications more easily
This autumn, regulatory communications will start to feature the Professional Standards Department name on the right-hand side, helping you to spot them more easily.
The webinar was on 27 September, providing a practical guide to the responsibilities ICAEW firms will have from 1 November. The recording will be available soon on our R&C News hub.
Consultations currently open
Articles on regulatory matters
- AML firm-wide risk assessments: what does good look like?
- Updated CCAB guidance (including proliferation financing requirements)
- The Financial Reporting Council is seeking your input on how to develop the quality of audit education and training. Please take a moment to complete the surveys
- Changes affecting insolvency practitioners working in the IVA sector
- There's still time to sign up for Restructuring & Insolvency Community roadshow webinars
- AML guidance for insolvency practitioners
- In the Legal Services Regulatory Update recording, hear about issues found on quality assurance monitoring reviews, regulatory changes and a summary of the 2023 Probate Diversity Survey results
- Download the 2023 results of ICAEW’s diversity survey of firms regulated for probate to benchmark your firm and see how the results are evolving
Regulatory newsletters published since the last round-up
Please continue to visit the various sections under Regulation on the ICAEW website to stay current with all the latest regulatory-related guidance.
Plus be the first to know when articles like these are released.
Anti-money laundering resources
Useful resources for ICAEW's AML supervised firms.Find out more
Restructuring & Insolvency Community
Providing guidance, support and representation to insolvency practitioners.Find out more