It’s likely the events of the last year have impacted your mental wellbeing in some way. Isolation, uncertainty, burnout, grief and loss are just a few of the challenges we’ve been supporting the ICAEW community with over the last 12 months. And we’re here to support you, too. Whenever you feel ready.
Your mental wellbeing is about your thoughts and feelings and how you cope with the ups and downs of everyday life. Importantly, good mental wellbeing is not the absence of negative thoughts and feelings. We all feel angry, sad, or overwhelmed at times. Instead, it's about being able to understand and manage those feelings so that you can live with a sense of purpose, perspective, and optimism. Even when times get tough.
Mental wellbeing support from CABA
We provide lifelong support to past and present ICAEW members, ACA students, ICAEW staff and their close family members. This includes husbands, wives, life partners and children up to the age of 25. All of our services, including those provided by our partners, are free and strictly confidential. They include:
- 1-2-1 counselling - Connect with a registered counsellor over the phone or via webcam.
- Sleepstation - A clinically validated and NHS-approved digital service to help individuals who are struggling with their sleep.
- Relationship counselling* - Work on your relationships with couples and family counselling from Relate.
- Personal and professional coaching - Work 1-2-1 with an online coach to focus on your goals and get things back on track.
- Qwell* - An online NHS backed counselling service for adults.
- Kooth* - A safe online emotional and mental health support service for children and young people aged 11-25.
- Telephone friendship service* - If you’re aged 60+ chat on the phone with an Age UK befriender each week.
*only available in the UK
Discover all the ways we can help you take care of your mental wellbeing and support the people around you on our dedicated support hub. With self-help resources, interactive online tools, and access to professional one-to-one services, we have something for everyone.
Contact us today
Our advisors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you want to learn more about our services, or just need to talk, we’re here.