The calculator policy differs depending on whether you are sitting your exam in an exam centre or remotely.
If you are sitting an exam in an exam centre, you will need to ensure that you bring your own calculator on the day of your exam, they will not be provided by the exam centre.
An on-screen calculator will be available for use should you need it.
The following scientific calculators are permitted:
- Casio FX models
- Sharp EL531X
- Sharp EL-533X
- Texas Instruments TI-30X
- Hewlett Packard HP 10S or HP 300S+
The following financial calculators are permitted:
- Hewlett Packard – HP 10bII
- Texas Instruments – TI BA II Plus
- Sharp EL733A
- Casio FC 100V
Please note the following:
- Calculator covers and lids are not permitted in the testing room. These must be stored away in your locker/ storage area withother personal items.
- You are responsible for making sure that your calculator works on the day of your exam. Replacement calculators will not be provided.
- You will not be able to share a calculator with another candidate during your exam session.
- Your calculator will be visually inspected prior to the start of the exam.
- Your calculator must remain on your desk in full view throughout your exam session.
For security reasons, students are not permitted to have anything with them when sitting exams remotely. This means you will have to use the on-screen calculator during your exam. You can practice using a demo link. The calculator will display in question 3. To see the exact calculator that would be displayed to you in your ICAEW exams, select ‘scientific’ from the modes available on the calculator.