The calculator policy for ICAEW CFAB and ACA Certificate level exams is as follows
If you are sitting an exam in an exam centre, you will need to ensure that you bring your own calculator on the day of your exam, they will not be provided by the exam centre.
An on-screen calculator will be available for use should you need it.
The following scientific calculators are permitted:
- Casio FX models
- Sharp EL531X
- Sharp EL-533X
- Texas Instruments TI-30X
- Hewlett Packard HP 10S or HP 300S+
The following financial calculators are permitted:
- Hewlett Packard – HP 10bII
- Texas Instruments – TI BA II Plus
- Sharp EL733A
- Casio FC 100V
Please note the following:
- Calculator covers and lids are not permitted in the testing room. These must be stored away in your locker/ storage area with other personal items.
- You are responsible for making sure that your calculator works on the day of your exam. Replacement calculators will not be provided.
- You will not be able to share a calculator with another candidate during your exam session.
- Your calculator will be visually inspected prior to the start of the exam.
- Your calculator must remain on your desk in full view throughout your exam session.
You are able to use your own calculator in the exam. You are permitted to use models on the approved list only, which is listed above. For security reasons, calculator covers and lids are not permitted in the exam and must be stored away. You are also responsible for making sure that your calculator works on the day of the exam.
During the exam, you can also use the on-screen calculator. You can practice using the on-screen calculator before your exam by using this demonstration or by accessing the sample exams.