ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.
As a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), you can apply for a practising certificate and gain audit rights in the UK with our Audit Qualification.

If you wish to qualify as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant you would need to register as an ACA student and complete the required elements of ACA training while working for an organisation that is authorised by ICAEW to train ACA students.

Practising certificate

If you intend to practise in the UK you must apply for a practising certificate. You may only practice as an ICAEW member if you have been a member of CIMA for at least two years.

Audit rights

ICAEW membership does not automatically grant you audit rights in the UK, so if you intend to work in audit during your career, then we recommend that you apply for the Audit Qualification (AQ) when joining us.