ICAEW's refund policy outlining how to cancel your order and claim your refund.
Cancellation and Return of Goods | Cancellation of an event booking | Examinations | Independent Student Registration | Pathways and General Affiliate applications | Credit for Prior learning | Subscriptions to Faculties and Communities | To claim your refund
Cancellation and Return of Goods
We hope that you are pleased with the goods that you have ordered from us. However, if you aren’t happy, we do offer refunds as follows.
You can cancel your order within seven working days, even if you have already received your goods. We will refund the purchase price and any delivery charge.
If you no longer want the goods once you have received them, you can return them within 28 days. As long as you return the goods as new in their original packaging, we will refund the purchase price but not the delivery charge. If you return the goods in a condition that prevents us from re-selling them, we may not be able to give any refund.
If the goods you receive are defective or damaged, return them to us in their original packaging within 28 days. We will replace the goods or refund the purchase price and any delivery charge, whichever you prefer.
We do not give refunds for downloadable online products such as PDFs MP3 files etc.
Cancellation of an event booking
You can withdraw from an exam at any time to ensure you are not recorded as absent. However, whether you get a refund will depend on when you request to withdraw.
Before 1 April 2019:
- Before the closing deadline for a Professional or Advanced Level exam session, you can withdraw online. A refund will be issued to you within 15-20 working days after the closing deadline.
- Between the closing deadline for exam entry and the cancellation deadline, you will not be able to withdraw online. Instead you must email us. You will get a refund issued to you within 15-20 working days of the exam.
- After the cancellation deadline has passed you can still email us to ensure you are not marked as absent from an exam, however a refund can only be considered if appropriate medical evidence that has been obtained no later than 2 days after the exam date. This evidence then needs to be submitted to us within 14 calendar days of the exam date.
On or after 1 April 2019:
- Before, and up to the exam session closing date for a Professional or Advanced Level exam session, you can withdraw online via the ‘Modify an existing application’ section. A refund will be issued to you within 15-20 working days (during peak times this may vary) of the exam session closing date.
- After the exam session closing date, you must submit your withdrawal request online using the ‘Withdrawal of exam(s) after the closing date’ option. A refund will only be considered if appropriate medical evidence is supplied.
- If you are unable to attend the exam on the day, a refund can only be considered if appropriate medical evidence has been obtained and signed within 48 hours of the exam date. This evidence then needs to be submitted to us using the portal within 14 calendar days of the exam date. If the medical evidence supplied at this time is dated prior to the exam session closing date, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If a refund is confirmed, this will be returned to the original payment method 15-20 days following the exam session (during peak times this may vary). We do not issue credits toward future exam sessions.
Please note that if you withdraw from an exam (with or without refund), your application will not be transferred automatically to the next exam session and you must apply again as normal for any future sessions.
If you need to change the exam or centre you have chosen for a Professional or Advanced Level exam session, you can amend your application online up to the deadline. No amendments can be made after the exam entry deadline.
Make sure that you are aware of all exam key dates and deadlines, as listed above.
Independent Student Registration
If you mistakenly register as an independent student rather than through your employer, we will give you a full refund. We will deal with each situation on an individual basis.
Pathways and General Affiliate applications
If you withdraw your application before we have marked your papers or if we find that you are not eligible for membership, we will give you a full refund.
For Pathway applicants if you fail your papers, we will charge a £275 administration fee.
Credit for Prior learning
We do not offer refunds.
Subscriptions to Faculties and Communities
All refunds are considered on an individual basis.
To claim your refund
Please send the email receipt for your goods to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you want to return the goods.
If you can't find your email receipt, please email us the following information so that we can locate your order. We will need your contact details, full name, and estimated date of purchase, purchase price and the reason for returning the product.
You must email us within 28 days of receipt of the goods.
We will pay refunds in same the format that you paid for the goods.
MSD - Returns section
321 Avebury Boulevard
MK9 2FZ UK
T: 01908 248 250