Benefits of learning
An overview of the latest governance codes, regulations and standards
ICAEW board training films: False Assurance and Without Question
A self-assessment diagnostic to identify your skills gaps
Examples of the ethical challenges and a resolution framework
A benchmark framework of the skills and competencies required of a high performing board director
Suggestions for further CPD activities based on your learning needs
Optional mentoring with experienced executive coaches
The programme offers optional coaching/mentoring sessions with one of our experienced executive coaches. During these individual and confidential sessions your coach will work with you to assess your performance and help you focus on identifying your personal goals and further development needs. These sessions will challenge you, encourage you and inspire you to enhance your performances as a board director.
Board Director's Programme includes:
- A reminder of ICAEW’s CPD framework and timelines.
- The changing governance landscape – a webinar and downloadable reading materials covering the latest governance codes, regulations and standards.
- An insight into the different roles on a board, and a framework setting out the knowledge, skills, attributes and experience expected of a high performing board director.
- Full length editions of ICAEW board training films – The award-winning False Assurance and Without Question - bringing to life the essential skills and behaviours needed at board level.
- Fundamental principles of professional ethics e-learning, and a framework for resolving ethical dilemmas.
- A self-assessment exercise to help you identify your competency gaps and reflect on the areas you need to focus your CPD on.
- Suggested follow-up CPD activities, that are mapped to our competency framework to help you focus your activities based on your personal needs.
- A CPD record template to record what you have learned and critically reflected upon. This can be used as evidence that you have complied with your CPD obligations.