Find an engagement letter
The collection of the ICAEW Library & Information Service includes a wide range of engagement letters and other model documents.
Issuing an engagement letter?
If you are issuing a letter of engagement, consider carefully whether you need a practising certificate. Practising without a practising certificate in the UK or the rest of the EEA can result in disciplinary action. Find out more about the requirements and the key matters you need to consider when setting up in practice.
The search tool on this page allows you to check the library's online catalogue for example engagement letters and publications on engagement letters in the collection, as well as a range of other frequently requested letters including comfort letters, disengagement letters and letters of representation.
In most cases you will need to contact the enquiry team to obtain any letters or publications that you identify. However, some engagement letters issued by ICAEW are available online and these are listed in our guide to sources for engagement letters.
Help and support
How can I get the most out of my search?
You can use a number of optional steps to help narrow your search:
- Use the Find option if you would like to narrow your search to a specific type of search.
- Use the Search option to narrow your search to a particular publisher.
- Use the Publication date option to narrow your search to a particular year or date range (e.g. 1999, <1999, >1999, 1999-2000).
- Use the Sort by option if you would like to sort your results in a particular way.
- Use $ to truncate (comput$=computing, computer etc.)
- Enclose phrases in single quotes ('knowledge management').
- Separate words by AND if you are looking for the terms in different fields (e,g, Markham AND farming)
How can I get hold of an article, book or letter?
Can you help me find a letter?
Our team of information professionals will be happy to assist you in tracing letters of engagement and other pro-forma documents within our collection.
Can't find what you are looking for?
If you're having trouble finding the information you need, ask the Library & Information Service. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through webchat.