With the UK’s departure from the EU and the Common Agricultural Policy, the passage of the Agriculture Act and major changes in policy, Jeremy Moody and Nick Millard have now taken on the writing of Gwyn Williams’ Agricultural Valuations, with the new fifth edition published this month.
Completely overhauled since the 2008 edition:
- It now covers issues across the whole United Kingdom, including matters in Scotland and Northern Ireland as well as England and Wales
- It is updated for legal and professional developments
As well as covering the subjects in earlier editions concerning the valuation issues of land, tenancies, livestock, stocktaking, compulsory purchase and machinery, it has new sections on:
- Farm business structures and accounts
- Changing agricultural support policies
- The environment, biodiversity and valuation
- Telecommunication masts
- Dispute resolution
- Business rates
And concludes with a look at the future work that is coming forward and developing Gwyn Williams’ advice to those starting in the profession.
Published by Routledge, 516 pages – it can ordered directly at https://www.routledge.com/Agricultural-Valuations-A-Practical-Guide/Moody-Millard/p/book/9781138678057 or from Amazon.
*The views expressed are the author's and not ICAEW's.