ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

ICAS members

ICAS members can join the ICAEW through our reciprocal membership agreement. This will give you audit and practising rights in the UK.

Benefits of joining ICAEW

  • Access a portfolio of products, services and networks. We continually develop these to ensure you have the most useful and relevant support at your fingertips
  • Technical help and advice
  • Insights on the profession
  • Online communities and hubs
  • Events and E-learning courses

How to apply for ICAEW membership

As a member of ICAS you can gain membership of the ICAEW by providing evidence from your parent body that you are:

  • A member in good standing
  • Paying the appropriate admission and subscription fees.

Please note, even if your application is successful you will not be able to use the ICAEW designatory letters ACA or FCA.

Practising certificate

The ICAEW recognises practising certificates (PC) issued by ICAS. You will not be required to gain an additional PC with the ICAEW if you already hold one with ICAS.

Audit rights

ICAEW membership does not automatically grant you audit rights in the UK, so if you intend to work in audit during your career, then we recommend that you apply for the Audit Qualification (AQ) when joining us.

Working in Insolvency

ICAEW is the largest insolvency regulator in the UK. We offer the opportunity for ICAEW Chartered Accountants and non-ICAEW members to qualify and be licensed as insolvency practitioners with us. We also offer a comprehensive programme of support for our current and future insolvency practitioners including membership to our Restructuring & Insolvency Community.

Working in Financial Services

Gain sector-specific technical support and expert opinions to keep you up to date in a fast-changing environment.