Annual return to ICAEW
This page gives you more information about how to access your firm’s annual return as well as frequently asked questions and other guidance.
How to complete your firm’s annual return
Access our range of useful resources including frequently asked questions and guidance below. If there are changes to the structure of your firm, please complete and return the standing data changes form within 10 business days. Please do not use the annual return for this purpose as you will be in breach of the Practice Assurance Regulations.
Guidance for firms that received their annual return after 1 September 2019
Guidance for firms that received their annual return between 1 June 2018 - August 2019
Advantages of an online annual return
Most of us are familiar with the advantages of filing information and completing transactions online. In launching ICAEW’s online annual return, we hope to achieve a range of benefits, some of which include:
- working directly from your PC, saving you and your colleagues time;
- completing the return at your own pace, saving information as you go along;
- reducing the chance of rejection by having inbuilt checks and validation; and
- contributing to the sustainability agenda by reducing significantly our use of paper.
Member firm feedback
We are delighted our member firms* continue to value the online format for the annual return and the continuous improvement changes we make.
- 96% of respondents stated the process the logging into the annual return is easy.
- 97% stated it is easy to navigate the system. In 2015, the response was 89%.
- 97% stated the questions are easy to understand. In 2015, the response was 91%.
- 93% stated the overall process of completing the AR as good. In 2015, the response was 88%.
*source: Annual return survey, Autumn 2015 and Autumn 2017