This year’s Wyman Symposium, took place at Chartered Accountants’ Hall on 1 November, and asked whether regulation of the tax profession is the way forward.
The symposium was chaired by Nick Parker, Chair of ICAEW’s Tax Faculty. To consider various perspectives, ICAEW’s Tax Faculty assembled an international panel of speakers including:
- Jens Poll, Chair of the International Ethics Standards Board working group examining tax planning and related services;
- Francesca Lagerberg, CEO of Baker Tilly International;
- Charlotte Barbour, Director of Regulatory Authorisations at ICAS;
- Aleksandar Ivanovski, Technical Director at CFE Tax Advisers Europe; and
- Grant Wardell-Johnson, Global Tax Policy Leader at KPMG International and partner with KPMG Australia.
The panel discussion was followed by a Q&A session.