At ICAEW, we recognise that throughout your life and career your needs and lifestyle are likely to change. That’s why we offer an excellent range of benefits that includes contractual benefits (outlined in your contract of employment) and also a flexible benefits scheme, myBenefits, that provides you with the opportunity to adjust your benefit package to suit your own individual needs.
We offer a competitive package and benefits plus the opportunity for you to buy additional benefits to suit your personal circumstances. As an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, the benefits we offer supports this commitment.
This site provides an overview of the benefits we offer. We have indicated where the benefit is contractual, whether it is a self-funded benefit or if it is operated outside of ICAEW. It will also give you an idea of some of the non-financial rewards of working with us.
If you are an employee of ICAEW and would like more information, please visit the myBenefits portal.
If you are unclear about any of the benefits listed or need further information, please contact Human Resources.
Pay and pensions
- Pay (contractual) – our employees are rewarded for their performance in delivering agreed objectives and whether they work consistently with ICAEW’s values
- Pension (contractual) – we offer a Group Personal Pension Plan with an employer contribution of 9% if you pay a minimum of 4% of your basic salary
- Private Medical Insurance (contractual and/or self-funded) – we provide private medical insurance to senior staff and those staff with over two years’ service. You can also purchase PMI through the myBenefits platform.
- Dental cover (self-funded)
- Healthcare Cash Plan (self-funded) – this offers cashback towards a variety of healthcare needs, including optical, dental, physiotherapy and chiropody treatments, hospital stays and complementary therapies such as osteopathy
- Medical screening (ICAEW funded for senior staff and those over age 40 every two years)
- Eyecare vouchers (ICAEW funded) – this is a voucher employees can use for money off eye tests and, if needed, spectacles
- CABA - confidential wellbeing support, legal advice, financial assistance for members & employees
- Wellbeing workshops, mini health checks, desk massages, mental health first aiders
- Critical illness (self-funded) – this insurance can provide a tax-free lump sum if you or your partner (if covered) is diagnosed with a defined serious illness and survive for at least 14 days, subject to the terms of the policy.
- Personal accident / disability insurance (self-funded) – this insurance provides a lump sum payment if the policy holder is injured in an accident leading to permanent disability, such as loss of a limb or loss of sight. It also covers less serious injuries.
- Life assurance cover members of the GPPP are also covered for a life assurance benefit of four times basic salary.
- Discounted gym membership (self-funded)
- Xexec – exclusive access to discounts and privileges for ICAEW members and employees
- Member Rewards (/Affinity Benefits) – benefits and discounts for ICAEW employees
- My Active Discounts
- Rail ticket and bicycle loans (interest free)
- Cycle to Work scheme (self-funded)
- Arriva travel club (Milton Keynes based employees)
- Long service awards – we reward staff for achieving 10, 20 or 30 years’ continuous service
- Recognition scheme – this enables both peer-to-peer nomination and direct manager awards for special achievements and behaviours throughout the year
- Special occasion gifts – employees are entitled to a selection of gifts, depending on their length of employment, and whether it relates to retirement, marriage/civil partnership or maternity/paternity/adoption
Leave and flexible working
- Holiday (contractual) - starting at 24 days and rising to 27 days with service
- Privilege day - additional day of paid leave at Christmas
- Buy / Sell holiday
- Family leave – along with meeting our statutory requirements for maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption leave and shared parental leave (this includes same sex parent couples) we also enhance the pay for staff with over one year’s service taking family leave
- Flexible working – we are a flexible employer and care about the wellbeing of our staff. As an organisation, we recognise that employees have the right to apply to work flexibly and we have a statutory duty to give serious consideration to an application to work flexibly
- Charitable activity and volunteering day – we encourage staff fundraising activities for various charities. In support of sustainability, we encourage employees to take one day’s paid annual leave to work on a sustainability project of their choice