ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

CPA Canada members - join the ICAEW

As a member of CPA Canada you can join the ICAEW through our Reciprocal Membership Agreement. You can also apply for an ICAEW Practising Certificate and may be able to gain audit rights in the UK with our Audit Qualification.

Membership agreement

Qualified members of CPA Canada can join the ICAEW through our reciprocal membership agreement with CPA Canada.

Practising certificate

If you intend to practise in the UK or EC you must apply for a practising certificate. You may only practice as an ICAEW member if you have been a member of CPA Canada for at least two years.

Audit rights

ICAEW membership does not automatically grant you audit rights in the UK, so if you intend to work in audit during your career, then we recommend that you apply for the Audit Qualification (AQ) when joining us.