Cyber risk in Financial Services
Receive an outline of major targets, and victims, of cyber-attacks and learn more about good practice in the area.
From Tesco Bank to Swift, organisations in the financial services sector are major targets, and victims, of cyber-attacks. While many organisations have improved their cyber security practices and resilience in response, significant challenges remain. Boards can still struggle to have meaningful conversations about what cyber risks mean for them. People are still the weakest link and making behavioural change stick is proving very difficult. And, as businesses are under pressure to innovate with new technologies, cyber risks often go down the agenda. As a result, governments and regulators are getting increasingly frustrated with the business response and looking for new ways to drive real improvements.
This webinar outlines current thinking in the area:
- Highlights recent breaches in the FS sector
- Outlines how the risk environment is changing
- Promotes key good practices to manage cyber risk
- Considers the position of regulators and the impact of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Highlights other ICAEW cyber-related resources which are available to members
First broadcast on 5 July 2017