Guidance and support from ICAEW's Tax Faculty on:
- HMRC service performance issues, including the news that HMRC is removing the 10-minute waiting time target on the agent-dedicated line.
- MTD for income tax, including ICAEW’s reaction to proposals for basis period reform.
- VAT, including changes to agent authorisation and the central assessment process for late VAT returns, as well as touching on MTD for VAT.
- Self assessment - student loan deductions and payrolled benefits in kind.
- IR35 update. HMRC has adopted a pragmatic approach of offering deemed employers the ability to pause settlement pending a potential change in legislation.
- Legislation day 2023, including implications for R&D and pensions.
- Reminders for tax practitioners including.
- Action required by those holding certificates of tax deposit.
- Overlap relief information online service is available.
- CGT paper return will remain on gov.uk post end of September while HMRC "reviews the results of the trial".
- Companies need to submit R&D additional information forms for any claims since 8 August 2023
- HMRC guidance on digital records and signatures.
- Improvements to HMRC pay by bank account service – enabling the option to schedule payments on a future date.
- Latest Tax News from ICAEW
- HMRC Agent Update 112
- Public Accounts Committee call for evidence on HMRC performance
- HRMC contact information
- CGT paper return
- Legislation day 2023
- Tell HMRC about a student or post-graduate loan in your tax return
About the speakers
Senior Technical Manager Digital Taxation, ICAEW
Technical Manager Tax Policy, ICAEW
- Practice assurance common findings | ISQM 1 | Changes to duty to report misconduct
- Staff retention | ISQM 1: Root Cause Analysis | Personal financial planning services
- AML supervisory reform: Share your views | Funding and banking for SMEs
- Start your ethics CPD now | Helpsheets for leaving practice | Tax updates
- Duty to Report Misconduct | Arrangements for alternates | Harnessing technology