Learning materials for the ACA syllabus
We take pride in the fact that we publish our own learning materials, which are highly recommended by universities and tuition providers, who use them to deliver academic and professional education programmes.
Each year the learning materials are reviewed and approved by our examiners, and provide clear guidance on the way in which the syllabus learning outcomes are tested in the exams. We therefore recommend that you use the up to date editions to study for the respective exams (e.g. use the 2015 edition to study for exams in 2015), as these will reflect any changes made within the syllabus, learning outcomes and the way in which you are assessed.
Where relevant, the learning materials for the ACA exams comprise a study pack for each module which contains the following:
- a study manual providing comprehensive coverage of all examinable topics;
- an online study guide which gives guidance on how to approach the subject and detail of the learning outcomes and skills tested for each module;
- interactive and self-test questions throughout the study manual for revision of the topics in each chapter; and
- a question bank containing exam standard questions for revision practice.
We update the learning materials annually to reflect changes to the syllabus, current legislation and technical standards. Occasionally, errors may appear in the material. We publish details of any errata on the relevant exam resources page for each module.
Ordering your learning materials
Learning materials are available to order from our distributors.
Please check with your employer or tuition provider if you are expected to order your learning materials, or whether they will be ordered for you.
We recommend that you only order learning materials for courses that you are about to start. We advise against ordering materials for the whole year, in case you change your study plans. It is important that you study using the correct edition of learning materials for the exam session in which you will be sitting.
See below for when the materials and resources will be available.
- Download the 2019 student learning material production schedule
- Download the 2020 student learning material production schedule
How much will the study materials cost?
Learning material costs for exams in 2019
- Certificate Level: £32.50 per exam (plus postage and packing).
- Professional Level: £45 per exam (plus postage and packing).
- Advanced Level: £87.50 per exam (plus postage and packing).
Learning material costs for exams in 2020
- Certificate Level: £35.00 per exam (plus postage and packing).
- Professional Level: £50.00 per exam (plus postage and packing)
- Advanced Level: £90.00 per exam (plus postage and packing).